This post is me sharing some of my most loved songs, which I think are far too underrated! Here are just 15 of them but if you like the sound of them you can check out my ‘underrated songs’ playlist (which i’ll put the link to at the end. Hope you enjoy!
- So first on my list is Complicated by Olivia O’brien (a cover of Avril Lavigne). This is a chill yet captivating version of the song and I’ve loved it ever since i first discovered it.
2. My second song choice is White Nights by Oh Land. This song is very happy, and extremely catchy.
3. We Won’t by Jaymes Young and Phoebe Ryan is a dark and mid tempo song features great vocals from both of the artists.
4. The next song is by WALK THE MOON which I’m sure you would’ve heard of or at least heard their song ‘Shut Up and Dance With Me’ which has blown up and was unavoidable last year. Their 3rd studio album came out last year and included a song called ‘We Are the Kids’, It’s a great song and I was so surprised when my friends hadn’t heard of it, so here it is.
5. FKA twigs – Video Girl, FKA twigs is great and very underrated, her voice is quite spooky but soft and the production on her album is superb.
6. Our Own House by MisterWives, this song is one of my favourites on the list, it is fun and just an overall great pop song.
7. High by Young Rising Sons, this song is very fun and I fell in love with it as soon as a heard it, it never fails to put me in a good mood.
8. Oceans by Petit Biscuit, this song is so peaceful, and just reminds of cold winter air. I’d recommend every song by Petit Biscuit as they are all gorgeous.
9. Be The One by Dua Lipa, she is a new artist and as this song is still quite new (release date: October 30th 2015) it still has a chance to get into the top 20 or even the top 10.
10. Adore by Cashmere Cat, this feautures the vocals of pop singer Ariana Grande and I’m still confused about how it never got the recognition it deserved.
11. Curtain Call by Aiden Grimshaw, this song is gorgeous, Aiden’s vocals are incredible and I have no idea why he is as underrated as he is.
12. Don’t Wanna Be Your Lover by Vanessa White, Vanessa White was one of British Girl Group ‘The Saturdays’, she has recently gone solo and I have loved the transition from very pop to more R&B, this song is a masterpiece.
13. Let Me Go by Maverick Sambre, Maverick Sambre has such a unique tone and this song is great, with amazing production.
14. Girls Like Girls by Hayley Klyoko, this song is very catchy and fun, it also has a great message.
15. You’re Such A by Hailee Steinfeld. She release her debut single ‘Love Myself’ last year, which was then followed by her EP HAIZ. The EP is great, with the songs having great meaning which is very refreshing.
I hope you enjoyed! I’ve made a Spotify playlist including all these songs plus many many more songs that I think are underrated, if you enjoyed this.
I hope you all have a lovely weekend! What was your favourite?
Love from Anna x